Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A great day

Today was definitely one of the best days of my life. Cade ate well all day and we got to spend the whole day with him. Yesterday Susie asked me what my favorite part of all this was so far. At that point it was the first time I walked into the nursery when Cade was under the hood. He was crying and fussing and I started talking to him and gave him a finger to hold onto. He latched on and calmed down and then he opened his eyes and just gazed into mine. We locked eyes for quite a while and I was completely hooked. He went completely docile and the time we spent with eyes locked had a total narcotic effect on me. It was absolutely incredible.

So it would take something even better to top that and that something happened today. After his 9 AM feeding we decided that Susie needed to get some rest so she went to sleep in her bed. I laid down on my bed on my side with Cade nestled in next to me between me and a pillow with my arm around him. He was just laying there cooing and before I knew it we were both fast asleep. I woke up about a half hour later when he moved a little. It was our first daddy-son nap together and after a day and a half of watching him sleep under a hood it was indescribable how good it felt to take a nap with him.

We had some visitors today and we got a couple pictures of friends holding Cade. This is Davi Tanner. She and her husband Jared are great friends and hosted a surprise shower for us a few weeks back with some of our friends.

LaDonna Taylor came by too and we snapped this picture of her holding Cade. She is also a great friend and is responsible for our fashionable hair cuts. We're looking forward to taking little Cade to her when it's time for his first cut. If you look closely in this picture you can kind of see how he already is working on some smashingly handsome sideburns, because he wants to be just like his daddy. :)

The obligatory glo-worm picture.

My first poopy diaper. I wasn't quite ready with the wipes when I got the dirty one off so he soaked his onesie pretty good. Live and learn, I guess. I'm sure I'll get plenty more practice soon enough!

Since he's been feeding well they are taking the feeding tube out of his nose tonight! We'll get lots of pictures when we get him back after that. Tomorrow morning he will be circumcised, and they'll watch him after that. They haven't given us a definitive answer, but they're going to watch him for a while and we're guessing he'll probably get to go home on Friday! We have had the best experience with the hospital staff here, and owe a lot to them for taking such good care of Susie and Cade. We're going to let the nursery take care of Cade tonight while we get some much needed rest. I'll update more tomorrow.

No comments: