Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the move

These last couple weeks have been pretty busy ones, so I haven't been posting as much as I've wanted to. I've been traveling a little, and school is heading toward the stretch run for Susie and me, but that doesn't mean it's been calm on the Cade front.

A couple weeks back Susie's mom came in and stayed at the house with Cade and me while Susie went up to school for a week. It was fun to have Cade around during the week, and it was the longest break Susie had had since Cade was born. I know she appreciated the rest and time to herself that week and I appreciated the company, the help with Cade, and the great meals Velma made. I know we told you thanks back then, but here's a public thanks for all that help Vee Vee! You truly are appreciated.

Cade spent his first Easter kind of sick. Susie and Cade were up in Bloomington on Good Friday and she called me around 4am on Saturday morning to tell me he was just moaning and had thrown up all over himself and her. It's tough getting that call in the middle of the night and not being able to do anything about it from 3 hours away. In my new job I don't get called in the middle of the night anymore, so I've kind of lost the touch of being able to become instantly wide awake when the phone wakes me up, but it wasn't too tough when it was Susie and Cade.

It turns out he had an ear infection and a pretty rough sounding cough and chest cold. Susie ended up taking him to an urgent care clinic in Bloomington Saturday morning, and the doctor gave him some antibiotics. He's doing pretty well now; his cough is lingering a bit, and he's pretty clingy to Susie but you can tell he's feeling better. We're hoping tonight he'll sleep through the night because since he's been sick the nights have been rough.

Other than the sickness, you can't really compain much when you have a kid as fun and cheerful as Cade. He's still a big time swing-lover. A couple nights ago we took him and Chili on a walk down to the park. As we were getting nearer to the park Cade started getting kind of fussy. We weren't sure how fast we needed to get back, but once we got on the swing he forgot whatever was making him upset.Here are a couple pictures we took tonight of Cade eating some squash. He liked it so much he put it up in his hair and all over his face. These small pictures don't do the amount of squash that was on him any kind of justice.
He's not quite "crawling" yet, but he has the army crawl down pretty well. You definitely have to keep an eye on him because he's really learning how to move around. Here's a video of him trying to get Chili tonight. The video's kind of dark, but you get the idea. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Having "watched" your blog since right after Cade was born...he looks SO BIG now! The squash is rather becoming on him.