Tuesday, September 23, 2008

3 Months!

Happy 3 month birthday Cade! It's hard to believe we've had a baby around for three months. We have truly been blessed by our son. I've never had a kid before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have to say that Cade seems like a fairly easy baby (not wanting to jinx it either) :). He is usually in a great mood. He smiles and laughs a lot. He really doesn't cry unless he is hungry, tired, or has a dirty diaper. And he seems to be a fairly patient baby too - he starts out with a little pouty talking and gives us a little time to get him changed/fed/soothed before he really starts wailing. I really appreciate that, because early on he screamed at the drop of a hat when he wanted something. I don't know if he's developing a sense of trust in us or a little patience or both, but he really is pleasant to be around a lot of the time.

It's kind of early, but he's demonstrated a few signs of teething already. He drools a ton now and every once in a while he gets a little fussy for no apparent reason. He seems to like to chew a little more on his bottle and a "chew toy" that we can put in the fridge to keep cool (thanks Wendy!). And yes, we know we need to keep Chili's chew toys segregated from Cade's chew toys. :)

My mom came in last week from last Monday through yesterday. I have to say that Susie and I are blessed to have two of the most helpful individuals as moms. It was great to see her and I know she appreciated all the time she was able to spend with her grandson. I posted a couple pictures and a goofy video from last week below. As you'll see, he now loves to bounce. No matter how mad he gets, you can usually get a smile out of him with a few bounces. It's a good arm/shoulder workout for Mom and Dad too since he usually wants hundreds of bounces in a session.

We are so thankful for three months. He has already grown and developed so much in such a short time. We can't wait to see him grow and change in the coming months and years. We love you so much Cade!


Check out THIS outfit. I honestly can't remember who gave this to us (sorry), but you know you are, and thank you! He's got dogs on his dogs. Pants with footies crack me up. I wish they made them my size.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable grandma!!!!!!

Jill said...

Cade is such a handsome little guy. In some pix, I think he looks like Susie, and in others he looks like you. But I only "know" you both from photos, so take that with a grain of salt. Anyway. I blogged (the shock!!).