Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow!

We've had a couple of decent snow storms here lately. Luckily we aren't getting hit like the east coast. Both storms have given us around 4 inches, which is plenty to have fun in, but not too much to hamper a lot of daily activity. Susie got some new boots for Christmas, so she's been wearing them a lot this winter. A couple weeks ago Cade found them and decided he wanted to try them on. He pretty much got them on all by himself, so we had to take a picture. I'm amazed at how much he looks like a little boy now. Definitely not a baby anymore!

Here's a video of him walking around in the boots. I was just off camera and had picked him up and kind of dropped him into the boots. He was excited to be in the boots and gave an emphatic, "All right!" This is a phrase he likes to use; very cool in my opinion. Then he tries a little bit of a dance move. Dancing is something he still loves to do, both on his own and in Susie's or my arms. On the weekends we have a pretty standard routine when it's time for his afternoon nap. He'll ask to dance and we'll put something on in the kitchen. His favorite is the latest One Republic album. We'll dance around and he'll just fall asleep on my chest. I love it. Back to the video: after dancing Susie asks him who's boots those are. Cade has been staring to put adjectives with nouns lately. He'll identify possession (Chili's food) or describe something (orange ball). Like I've said before, it's really interesting to watch how his brain picks up on things. Lastly, he points out a frog on a book nearby. I don't know which he likes better, but dogs and frogs are his two favorite animals. I know it sounds like he's saying "poop," but I can assure you the noise he makes after pointing out the frog is his version of "ribbit."


After the first snow we were able to go sledding at one of the local golf course's driving range. At first Cade didn't like it. I think it was because of the snow that sprayed up into his face. But after a few runs we couldn't convince him it was time to leave. He was pretty upset when we strapped him into his car seat.


Since we don't usually get a lot of snow and because the kid grows so fast we haven't invested in proper snow attire for Cade. So we layered him up a few times and stuck his feet in some rubber Snoopy boots that I had when I was a kid. They were too small to leave his shoes on in the boots and too big for his feet with only socks on them. As a result they kept falling off. Apparently he was having so much fun that he didn't really seem to notice when one would fall off. He would just keep walking on the snow in his socks.

On a different note, I had some work travel that took me to Orlando and Merritt Island a couple weeks ago. I recently got back in touch with an old college baseball buddy that lives in a condo right on Cocoa Beach. So I stayed with Susie's brother Dustin half the week and with my friend David half the week. I was able to run on Cocoa Beach before the sun came up, walk upstairs to get cleaned up, then watch the sunrise from the condo balcony. It was a very therapeutic way to start each morning.


And last but not least, here's a video of Cade singing his ABC's. He's been ending his song with Rockies for quite some time now. Sigh.....I guess eventually he'll learn it the right way, but we always laugh at "q, r, Rockies!" so it's probably getting reinforced. Oh well. I love how his nose scrunches up when he says Rockies. It does the same thing when he says Mommy or Daddy.


We're pretty excited for the next couple weeks. This Friday my sister and her husband are coming out for the weekend. Cade loves Amy and Paul. The last few times he's seen Paul in a picture he says "Apple Paul." I guess that's close to "uncle." Then Amy and Paul will take Cade back to Colorado for a week at my parents' house. The following weekend my mom will bring him back to us. Then the next week Susie's mom is coming to take care of Cade for the week. What a lucky kid. Susie and I definitely agree that we are getting a lot more visits with our family now that Cade is here. Not a bad deal. Until next time, thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Cade's little "all right!" is so cute! Definitely a smart little guy singing his ABCs.

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the best picture/video blogs yet and I've really like them all, so it was hard to choose!!!
VeeVee